Are you feeling ready to launch a private practice but you're finding yourself getting hung up on how to design and build your website? Or, maybe you've been in private practice and your website just isn't bringing in the kinds of clients that you want to work with.
I've been there, done that!
When I started my practice, I had NO idea that there was an actual strategy to building a website that could help clients find me. I assumed I would just link to my website from my Psychology Today profile and cross my fingers that my ideal clients would find me there.
A few months into building my practice, I had a caseload of two clients. And they weren't my ideal clients.
It was time to roll up my sleeves and do some work! With some hard work, elbow grease, and more mistakes than I can count, I finally came up with a formula that works.
I streamlined the process to the most essential steps and boiled it down into this course.
This course is for you if:
- You're ready to start your practice but you feel stuck on how to create a great website for it.
- You don't have the budget to pay for a professional website designer, copywriter, or SEO expert.
- You have a website already, but it's not bringing in the referrals you want and you're ready to start over from scratch.
- You want a website that focuses more on winning over ideal clients for your practice than having a highly customized design.
- You're willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle a DIY project!
This course is NOT for you if:
- You prefer to pay professional experts to create a highly customized website for you.
- You would rather focus your marketing strategy on different approaches (rather than on showing up in Google search results).
- You already have a website and you're not willing to start from scratch.
- Your website is already working great for you and is bringing in your ideal clients!
By the end of this course...
- You'll have a website up and running designed to attract and build trust with your ideal clients.
- You'll have practices in place that will scale your website (and your practice's!) growth over the next few months, so that before you know it, your website will show up in the top Google search results for your specialties and help clients find you!
If you dive into this course, I'll walk you through the process of DIYing your therapist website using Squarespace. I chose Squarespace for four reasons:
- It's super easy to use
- They have beautiful templates to choose from (we're not designers so let's not try to pretend we are!)
- It's incredibly affordable (starting at $12/month)
- It offers all the SEO customization you need to show up in Google search results.
How does it work?
It's possible to DIY your website on the cheap and have it be effective. I've streamlined the process by eliminating the steps that aren't absolutely necessary for success and leveraging the beautiful templates already designed on Squarespace so you don't have to start from scratch or pay a bunch of money to make it happen.
Is it nice to have a custom website by a professional designer? 100 percent! But I know not everyone has the $5000+ dollars to fork out for a custom website, especially when you're first starting out and you have bills to pay. If you want to save that money for another day, but you don't want to get into the nitty-gritty tech stuff, I'll show you what you need in this course.
Here are the tools I'll teach you:
- How to identify what your brand is about so you know where to focus your strategy.
- How to speak to your ideal clients in a compelling manner that builds trust with them.
- How to make sure your website starts showing up at the top of Google search results using a streamlined SEO strategy.
- How to create a beautiful website with click-by-click tutorials. You don't have to be tech-savvy to nail this!
What the course includes:
14 video lessons. Video lessons include:
- Powerpoint slides with key points
- Screensharing with click-by-click tutorials
- Short lessons so the concepts are concise and quick to rewatch
Workbook walking you through the concepts one lesson at a time, with guided homework for each step.
- The workbook is a fillable PDF, so you can print it out or fill it out directly on your device.
- Lesson summary PDFs to enhance your learning.
- Downloadable lesson mp3s to solidify your learnings on-the-go.
- Lessons come with downloadable transcripts and closed captioning to offer options to best suit your learning style.
Total costs of this DIY project:
In addition to the cost of the course, you can expect to pay $12 a month for a Squarespace subscription after your 14-day free trial ends, and around $20/year or less for a domain name if you don't already have one. If you include the cost of this course, you can have a DIYed website that fills your practice for under $200 up-front!
Check out the course curriculum below and then dive on into the course!
"This course was incredibly helpful in creating a website. I've made a couple before using free sites, but never had guidance on how to layout the site or pages and didn't know anything about "SEO." I have received so many complements from peers in the field, friends and family about how great my site looks and reads! It's hard work, but worth every minute and dollar! I highly recommend this course!"
"I have been counselling for 10 years now and am finally ready to open my own private practice specializing in couples counselling. I just built my website going step by step along with Dr. Marie Fang. I did exactly what she said. No brainer. I am a bit of a go-getter, so I am the type of DIYer who likes control and doing everything myself. I look forward to constantly improving my website as the years unfold. Dr. Marie Fang's knowledge, attitude, and help have enabled me to succeed like she has and (hopefully) avoid the mistakes she made. Thank you Dr. Marie Fang!"
I started Private Practice Skills because I know so many therapists with a dream to thrive in private practice who feel totally overwhelmed by not knowing where to start or who feel buried by the amount of work they put into it. Private Practice Skills is about teaching you the skills you need to start and grow your practice while doing it your own way.
Frequently Asked Questions
So what are you waiting for? If you're ready for a good DIY project that results in a beautiful website that fills your practice, then click to enroll now and dive straight into the materials!